1762 Lamar Ave (at McLean Blvd)
Memphis, TN 38114
- Best Bar-B-Q in Memphis
- The medium sauce is quite possibly made by the angels. It's a foodgasm for real.
- Payne's is the world standard for the chopped pork Bar-B-Q sandwich. Just try it and you will know what I mean.
- The Medium Sauce must be laced in Crack cause its magic.
- My favorite BBQ sandwhich in Memphis. I love their mustard coleslaw.
- Get the chopped pork sandwich with coleslaw. Amazing.
- Best barbque in the world!!!!
- Do not leave without trying the beans
- Their sandwich comes with low and slow roasted pork shoulder that is then served either pulled, chopped, or sliced with a scoop of slaw on top.
- Fantastic BBQ. The pulled pork sandwich had great smoke. Get it chopped - it's topped with the neon yellow slaw and sauce. Smoked sausage is deep fried, crispy, and delicious. Their sauce is decent.
- This place is a hidden Gem! It may seem a little sketchy but we've tried plenty of BBQ and this place was gooood. Get the chop sandwich!
- Best BBQ sandwich
- Beat BBQ sandwich
- For her chopped pork sandwich, chef Payne smokes pork shoulders and then dices hunks to order, incorporating plenty of outside brown bits for contrast.
- Loved the bbq sausage and bologna sandwich
- Good stuff....
- The menu here is simple...get the chop plate! Absolutely phenomenal.
- Chopped regular plate for 7.50. I'll take it and recommend it!
- Thrillist Top BBQ List: "What you're getting: Chopped pork sandwich (jumbo size)"... chopped pork classics with pickle/mustard seed sweet slaw
- Mustard cole slaw is very good.