187 W 4th St (Barrow)
New York, NY 10014
- I live in the neighborhood and been coming here for years. Be warned: the croissants are very inconsistent.
- Skip the croissants, have the quiche.
- Floppy, buttery croissants and pain au chocolat, both a little unorthodox but easy to love; a silky-creamed and intensely nutty hazelnut cake; and fruit tarts with golden shortbread-like tart shells.
- wait for just out of oven batch of croissants - trust me you will swoon!
- Try the Apricot Tart
- The best.
- Just an incredible chestnut cake
- Hot cross buns and Easter cakes flavored with Grand Mariner and chocolate.
- Baby quiches and coffee eclairs are a reason to get out of bed in the morning.
- If you are like me "day must start with a chocolate croissant" you'd move in the apartment above!!
- Amazing pain au chocolate.
- I was expecting the chocolate croissant to be great, but it set a new bar. It's flaky and unashamedly buttery with a slightly-bitter chocolate filling you'll come back for again and again.
- Sweet Mary Mother of God. The chocolate croissant. Pain au chocolat...amazing. Best I have had outside Paris.
- The almond croissants are amazing when fresh.
- Pain Au chocolat- hot out of the oven. Delicious.
- Neighborhood spot for French pastries - no frills here. Not what you'd expect for a French bakery - love the straightforward approach.
- Amazing croissants, good coffee
- Pain au chocolat. Grab your pastries & head across the street to the Coffee Foundry for your caffeine fix though. (They're friends of the owner & have more seating.)
- The macarons were incredible and the almond tarte sublime. The perfect treat before heading to Axis Theatre around the corner: a win-win!