Landmark, Historic Site
10:00am - 6:00pm
10:00am - 6:00pm
- Une place absolument magnifique.
- Ce monument no-classique a vocation honorer des personnages ayant marqu l'Histoire de France. On y trouve aussi un pendule de Foucault, commmorant l'exprience de 1851.
- It was originally built as a church and to house the reliquary chsse containing her relics, now functions as a secular mausoleum containing the remains of distinguished French citizens.
- O lugar transpira Histria e a vista do topo das escadarias linda. Imperdvel!
- Cicero is quoted as saying: Gratefulness is not only the largest of the virtues, but also the origin of all the others. And the history of the Pantheon is a very visible sign of gratefulness.
- Foucault's Pendulum is under renovation for the next three years.
- First thing to do when you are inside is to register to go to the indoor balcony - 15m high (FREE tour every 20min starting from 10am to 5:20pm). There can be only 20 persons per visit. A must see!
- Make sure to check out the crypt and its residents. Only problem is you're SOL if you don't speak French as there are no translations on anything so who knows who you're reading about.
- Originally built as a church, it's now a mausoleum containing the remains of distinguished French citizens. Free entry for young Europeans under 26.
- Dans la crypte reposent de grands noms francs-maons comme Voltaire, Victor Hugo et Victor Shoelcher. A croire que les grandes ttes pensantes aient toutes eu faire avec la Franc-Maonnerie !
- Faire un coucou Voltaire, Dumas, Rousseau, ...
- Ual! rsrrsrsrs
- Beautiful architecture and paintings make this a great visit for photographers. Take a guided tour to the top for a great panoramic view!
- Skodowska-Curie tomb.
- Est bastante cerca de la universidad, en un paseto se ve y est rodeado de tiendas bastante baratejas :D
- Allez faire un coucou aux Grands Hommes ou vous poser l't sur le parvis pour manger un morceau
- Try to get the tour. It's only in french, but it's good. This monument is not so visited, but beautiful and has a lot of french history and its main "actors"
- Amazing architecture, both outside and inside. Below the Panthon are the Crypts, which detail (in French) the accomplishments of many famous French poets, scientists, and others like Louis Braille.
- Nice place to visit in the evening.