Hotel, Resort, Event Space
- There is no in-room coffee. I guess that is to support the olde world / European feel of the place? I thought coffee and free wi-fi were standard in the 21st century.
- $59 valet service. For the 1%.
- Check out the famous The Pied Piper of Hamelin mural in the bar (and grab a cocktail)
- Filming location for many great ballroom scenes including the '62 thriller Experiments in Terror, Jade, Herbie Rides Again and most recently The Game
- Stay here if you are SPG member, they take great care of platinum guests.
- Great common spaces but the rooms are pretty staid, almost mundane.
- Do Afternoon Tea in the restaurant!
- Did you know that US President Harding died at the Palace Hotel on August 2nd, 1923?
- Great place to stop in and use the bathroom unnoticed!
- Have brunch in The Garden Court. This was where horse-drawn carriages used to ride up to drop off their passengers. Also check out the famous The Pied Piper of Hamelin mural at the Pied Piper Bar.
- Beautiful building. Reminds me of NY.
- Don't leave without swimming in the indoor pool and jacuzzi
- Book this place on Priceline for a better deal (4* class, SOMA district)
- All is fine exept Wifi... A 5 * hotel which does not allow more than one wifi connection in a booked double room is not worth the 5th star!
- If you want to plug in your electronics on a ground outlet, feel free. Not enough outlets in the room for today's technologies, max, 2 items to plug in , one on the floor.
- Debbie Lew (the concierge) is a gem. Extremely knowledgeable and willing to assist guests with every detail of their sight seeing.
- Lobby wifi password is brilliant
- Stay at another starwood hotel if you are visiting SF. Nothing special and overpriced.
- El restaurante es hermoso!
- This hotel is beautiful!! Beds are very comfortable & they even have robes! Also no coffee makers in the room BUT just ask & one will be brought up for free with lots if coffee, teas, cream & sugar!