Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits
Museum, Park, Other Outdoors
- It's called sulfur. Go ahead and think otherwise. #DontBlowIt
- Be sure to check out the musician that performs in front of the tar pit museum. He plays guitar, banjo, harmonica and a few other instruments. Nice old guy with great skills.
- Admission is free on the first Tuesday of the month.Fun fact: The La Brea Tar Pits means the the tar tar pits!Powered by ParentsConnect.com
- Roll down the hills like a kid again.
- A group of Spanish explorers made the first written record of the tar pits in 1769. The oldest known material from the tar pit dates back over 38,000 years.
- free and odd
- Get in for FREE on the 1st Tuesday of every month! This was Cheap Date Idea #89 on my blog.
- CA (See) - Classic LA museum complete with an animatronic wooly mammoth! Definitely check out the current excavations going on in Pit 91!
- Good place to go hang out.
- Visited the Tar Pits and LACMA many times! For about a year the mooring for the Mastadon sculpture was broken so the elephant statue would drift in the tar tip pool outside the museum.
- Skip the movies they cover the same material written on the back of the map.
- Where dinosaurs go to accidentally die...
- Hug the sloth statue outside.
- Informative and worth a visit is better to get to early and avoid crowds because it is fairly small.
- First Tuesday of every month, free admission- that's it, no more excuses!
- Yes, your kids will find the few random patches of fresh tar and try to eat them. Wash quickly before they get it in their hair.
- The family move: Get here before LACMA opens (plenty of street parking), run around the grounds, tumble down the hill, bring bikes + a picnic, then hit the museum before naptime. Solid LA day.
- Spend time at the park. The kids love to roll down the hill.
- there are tons of street parking on 6th street
- Tap on the Fishbowl glass; the paleo crew loves the company!