Pad Thai Sliders
My Daily Find Chicago
Bring Thai flavors into your kitchens without investing in a collection of Asian spices only to use them once or twice. When preparing the sliders, feel free to experiment with different garnishes, but note that the sliders are very flavorful as prepared and novice cooks might want to start with the basics.
— Vivian Doan, MyDailyFindChicago
*To purchase Ayara products, visit their website.
- 2 Ounces pad thai sauce, such as Ayara's Pad Thai Sauce*
- 1 Pound ground chicken
- 8 shrimp, peeled, de-veined, and coarsely chopped
- 4 Tablespoons shrimp paste with soya bean oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 Hawaiian dinner rolls
- One ten ounce bag spinach
- 1 carrot, finely shredded
- 2 green onions, finely shredded
- 2 Ounces peanut sauce, such as Ayara's Peanut Sauce*
Thoroughly mix the pad thai sauce, ground chicken, shrimp, shrimp paste, garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper into a bowl and form 8 small patties each about 3 inches in diameter.
Heat a large nonstick skillet with the oil over medium-high heat and cook the patties for 4 minutes on each side. While the patties are cooking, cut the dinner rolls in ½ to create buns. Spread the peanut sauce on the bottom bun and layer it with a few spinach leaves.
When patties are done cooking, place them on top of the spinach and add the peanut sauce, carrots, and green onions. Top with the bun and enjoy.