Pacific Union Club
Historic Site, Speakeasy
1000 California St (at Mason)
San Francisco, CA 94108
- In Alfred Hitchcock's thriller "Vertigo", Scottie (James Stewart) reports back to Gavin Elster (James Stewart) in the Pacific Union Club.
- Private car show tonight
- Beautiful club. Guest rooms are lovely but don't have Air Conditioning
- Historic, and private. On the one percent of one percent chance you'll get inside: they have great cookies.
- The current clubhouse was originally built in 1886 as the residence of silver magnate James C. Flood and was believed to be the first Brownstone west of the Mississippi.
- Private vintage car show
- Secret passageunder california street to mistress house
- Oldest Millionaires Club in San Francisco
- This is an exclusive men's club, but maybe you can find your way in via the secret tunnel said to have been created during Prohibition.