The Original Pantry
Diner, American, Café
- This is a place that Ive gone to for 25 years for late, late night breakfastlike 1am. It's perfect for eggs, sausage, and a cup of coffee and total people watching. -Susan Feniger, Top Chef
- Whatever you get add the bacon!
- it's all good. but be ready to stand in line
- sit at the counter and talk to your neighbor.
- Cash only!!!! Good to know before waiting in line
- Never closed & always good -- Original Pantry. Go @metrolosangeles to 7th St. & walk southwest #dtla - http://ht.ly/5Bx9g
- No, your waiter made no mistake... That really is your portion.
- Open 24/7/365, a staple amongst the late night dining set.
- This place only accepts cash "tradition since 1924" then why in the world aren't the prices from 1924?
- No credit cards, cash only.
- Based on other reviews I DID try the sourdough toast; fantastic choice. I ordered the french toast and it was the best french toast I've ever had.
- Country Fried Steak (and eggs if for breakfast). Get it. Now.
- Try the pancakes - The quintessence of pancakeosity!!!
- Best greasy spoon breakfast in LA
- Iconic LA. Grab one of their fact books at the cash register to see how much food they go through. Impressive. They sell slaw by the gallon.
- Bring cash! Or b prepared to leave prematurely
- The coffee here is to die for
- Tasty treat with an unusual atmosphere.
- talk shit to the ex cons
- Best breakfast place in LA. Seat in the counter and ask for Pepe. He is awesome! Try everything you can, pancakes are glorious, coleslaw to die for. Hashbrowns are so good.