The Original Pantry
Diner, American, Café
- This is a place that Ive gone to for 25 years for late, late night breakfastlike 1am. It's perfect for eggs, sausage, and a cup of coffee and total people watching. -Susan Feniger, Top Chef
- Get everyone a chocolate milkshake. Yolo.
- Whatever you get add the bacon!
- it's all good. but be ready to stand in line
- sit at the counter and talk to your neighbor.
- Cash only!!!! Good to know before waiting in line
- Never closed & always good -- Original Pantry. Go @metrolosangeles to 7th St. & walk southwest #dtla - http://ht.ly/5Bx9g
- No, your waiter made no mistake... That really is your portion.
- Open 24/7/365, a staple amongst the late night dining set.
- This place only accepts cash "tradition since 1924" then why in the world aren't the prices from 1924?
- No credit cards, cash only.
- Based on other reviews I DID try the sourdough toast; fantastic choice. I ordered the french toast and it was the best french toast I've ever had.
- Country Fried Steak (and eggs if for breakfast). Get it. Now.
- Try the pancakes - The quintessence of pancakeosity!!!
- Best greasy spoon breakfast in LA
- Iconic LA. Grab one of their fact books at the cash register to see how much food they go through. Impressive. They sell slaw by the gallon.
- Bring cash! Or b prepared to leave prematurely
- The coffee here is to die for
- Get breakfast at night. It's great. Sourdough bread = MUST.
- Tasty treat with an unusual atmosphere.