806 E Roy St (Harvard)
Seattle, WA 98102
- Concise menu with a few cold salads, then moves on to hot plates, both small and large, with perhaps a half-dozen more daily specials posted on a chalkboard. Olivar is informal and inexpensive.
- Patatas a la Pobre
- Try the Profiteroles - Crispy and delicious. Mine came with Salted Caramel Ice Cream!
- Try the Roasted Spring Onions - This was a special, but it was amazing! Hopefully it sticks around for a while
- Try the Spicy Mussels With Feta Cheese And Herbs - Unusual and sooooo good!
- Go hog wild with the Wild Boar Sausage w/ braised Savoy cabbage & fried shallot.
- Get the gnocchi and the squid risotto. You won't be disappointed.
- Try the paella, it was delicious.
- So far, the successes at Olivar resound with an autumnal substance, and the failures disappoint with blandness.
- Go to Olivar and squeeze yourself into one of their tables. Then order sardines and a glass of wine
- Do the chefs tasting menu and leave it up to him - everything was so tasty. They are closing end of April, so get a meal in before!
- Thoroughly enjoyed the Ensaimadas and the paella. Ask about the Russian interior, a beautiful/fascinating mural.
- Fantastic food! Each plate has a unique taste. Very reasonable! 4 people, 2 bottles of wine, several plates ... with tip, $60 per person!
- Try the Spicy Mussel With White Wine Sauce And Herbs
- Try the Tarte Tartin - With Creme brle!
- Try the Lobster Ravioli, Hedgehog Mushrooms And Fennel - Amazing. Amazing.
- Try the Brussel Sprouts, Duck Confit, Hazelnuts - Amazing flavor!
- Apple/Manchego salad is one of the best in town
- A cozy nice restaurant all the food is great :)
- Expensive, delicious