Old Post Office Pavilion
Landmark, History Museum
1100 Pennsylvania Ave NW (at 12th St NW)
Washington, DC 20004
- Built in 1891-99, using the design of architect Willoughby J Edbrooke.
- Enjoy ice cream cones as you browse souvenir stalls! Don't forget to ride the glass elevator to the top of the clock tower for views of the surrounding area. -- Green Guide Editor
- 9am: Start the day with a trip to Old Post Office Pavilions 315-ft Clock Tower for an unparalleled 360-degree look at DC and its famous sites, including the Washington Monument and Capitol Building.
- Don't miss the Clock Tower Tour, this amazing tour offers guests a sweeping 360 degree view of our nations capital, while also highlighting its famous landmarks. And the best thing, its free!
- Shop around or grab a bite to eat, then take the elevator up the Clock Tower to see a bird's eye view of DC for free!
- The pavillion food court feels like time forgot it and it is 100 degrees. Tower is great though
- TeamTRI Tip: one of the top views of DC from the tower. Take your camera and enjoy!
- The free self-guided tour of the Clock Tower is a great alternative to waiting hours to go up the Washington Monument.
- Nasty bathrooms!
- 139 stairs or elevator ride?That is the question.
- There's airport style security here, so be prepared.
- Go up to the top of the Clock Tower while you can!
- The Tower Clock tour (free) offers the better views of DC than the Washington Monument but with less lines and wait times. Check it out
- Rent bikes or take a tour with Bike and Roll (in the back of the building)!
- Only structure taller than capital building. Its actually a national park! Take the free elevator up to the top and brethe in some history. Great place to eat a sack lunch on a lunch break. Must see.
- City Electronic should be called City Electronic Rip-Off. Cheap quality merchandise; often breaks w/in the first hour after leaving the store. If you want to throw your money away, just give it to me.
- The Bagel Place is great. The cashier is super friendly!
- Kind of a tourist trap, but the bagel place is the best joint around for cheap bagel sandwiches. Also a fan of the uttapam at the Indian place.
- Have to go between 12-1pm during the week to hear live performances from local artist/ musicians.
- This place used to be cool and then Trump bought it and broke it, like everything else he touches.
1000 Constitution Ave NW (at 10th St NW)
1400 Constitution Ave NW (at 14th St NW)
1100 Pennsylvania Ave NW