The Old Globe Theatre
- The Globe has grown into an internationally known theatre complex, an "influential powerhouse among regional theatres." In 1984 it received the Tony Award for best regional theatre.
- In March 1978 the original Globe Theatre was destroyed in an arson fire. It was rebuilt & reopened in 1981. In 1984, the outdoor festival stage was also destroyed by arson. It too was rebuilt.
- Tucked-away gem of San Diego. Everyone should go here at least once.
- Great place to have a picnic before and catch a play!
- Shakespeare Summer Series is always worthwhile. You can bring your purchased wine and coffees into the outdoor theater
- Check out any play in the open air theater... AWESOME EXPERIENCE!
- Great place to have a date
- The Grinch is the perfect first theater experience for kids!
- Do not ask for a glass of blue Merle wine during intermission. Because they will tell you 'never heard of it' and you will feel punked.
- $20 seats under 30 yrs old...limit one seat per person. check it out while you still make the age bracket!
- Bring a coat for the late performance
- Wonderful outdoor setting
- Great place to see live theater. Appreciate the music by real musicians in a small orchestra pit.
- One is San Diego's many cultural & historic highlights set in the delightful & equally historic Balboa Park- the biggest urban cultural park in America created in 1915. (100 yrs ago!)
- So fabulous. Highly recommend seeing a show (or two!) here.
- We never miss the annual Shakespeare festival...highlight of our summer!
- Order your drinks before the start of the show and they will be ready for you right away during intermission!
- Ask for glass of Blue-Merle wine during intermission!
- Blankets for rent for $2 on a chilly night.
- Emma-great show!