Indie Movies, Movie Theater
11272 Santa Monica Blvd (at Sawtelle)
Los Angeles, CA 90025
- The mayor is naked!
- Check out the bathroom! It's pretty badass!
- (CA, See) This awesome indie theatre plays great flicks that often times are difficult to find anywhere else. A must for film buffs!
- Follow the F'ing rules!!!! Hehe
- If you love watching classic cinema, then read about how films like Kiss Me Deadly were filmed in Los Angeles's Bunker Hill: Pulp Fiction's Mean streets ad Film Noir's Ground Zero!
- Another one of the great theaters of Los Angeles, the Nuart is also known for hosting one of the first screenings the Director's Cut of Ridley Scott's classic, Blade Runner.
- Easily the best Rocky Horror cast.
- Rocky Horror is a blast. Get there a 12 and cut the line
- Sins O' the Flesh are my bitches!
- Try all the crazy drinks, Faygo is my favorite
- The staff here is a tight knit and brilliant one. They are a group of real cinema aficionados that I admire. Show some courtesy and appreciate the NuArt as much as I do.
- So many great events. Super friendly, knowledgeable staff.
- Nice old school theatre but they don't have parking though so leave plenty of time to find somewhere to park before the show. Public metered parking nearby is for 2 hours max till 9pm.
- Independent Films and late night movies: Cineinsomnia
- On Fridays and Saturdays, the theater loosens up "round midnight" with screenings of cult classics and a weekly screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, featuring the shadowcast Sins O' The Flesh.
- I just Jodorowsky's new movie. The man love his mother & he love women. There were many levels and at times confusing. He mixes Christianity & Hinduism with mystique of the carnival of the absurd.
- It was awesome
- Their snack bar has eVeRYThINg
- If you are here for Rocky Horror, get a seat in the middle of the theater; the side seats suck.
- great indie theater and snacks are on point. coolhaus, popcorn, & mexican cokes. yes, please! and theatre was a lot larger than i had expected.