North Park Blocks
Park, Basketball Court, Playground
300 NW Park Ave (btwn NW Gilsan St & W Burnside St)
Portland, OR 97209
- With two rows of huge trees, it is a very shaded park, so it stays comfortable on the hottest summer days.
- Head a few blocks south to the South Park Blocks unless you have a thing for sketchy parks.
- Garmin "the little guy" and company climb through the playground here in their scavenger hunt in Portlandia S2 E4
- Nice kids park but keep an eye out for shady types who linger.
- You can see Grimm's Portland Police department from here.
- Alright, apparently there has been some confusion about the statue, which is odd because it's pretty cut and dry. It's an ELEPHANT. Not a camel, not a "camelephant". Slow curtain, the end.
- Lots of shady characters but also cool events sometimes.
- Definitely usually parking here.
- Fun statues and great open spaces
- Play bocce if you want, but ptanque balls feel better in your hand.
- Great place to walk the dogs, watch people, play games (boccce, basketball), watch kids on the playground, or just lie in the sun.
- Great place near NedSpace Old Town to be outside in the shade to read or catch up on work outside of the office.