Sugar and Rice Magazine Launches
Writer and editor David Leftwich launched his magazine Sugar and Rice this month, featuring the food scene of the Gulf Coast.
The magazine has been in production since April 2013, and the first issue just hit stands this month. Some highlights from the debut magazine include a Q&A with an offshore oil rig cook (who creates 240 entrées for 28 days, 12 hours a day), a photo essay by Lou Vest, and a photographic guide of what's at a Mexican grocery store. Even better is the feature about Blue Heron Farm, a premier goat farm and cheesemaking institution, complete with adorable photos of goats.
"Every writer we talked to said they had interesting stories that didn't fit any of the traditional media outlets," the publishers wrote in a press release. "We want to be the outlet for those stories."
Check out some of the pages below, plenty inspired by photo-centric publications like Lucky Peach. The magazine will be published quarterly.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas