McDonald’s Customer’s Shocking Discovery Gets a Worker Fired
When you go to McDonald’s, you expect to get a healthy dosage of fat and carbs, not a mouthful of fascism. A McDonald’s worker in North Carolina was fired recently when a customer found a swastika symbol drawn in butter on her chicken sandwich. McDonald’s immediately fired the worker, and gave the woman her money back, but Charleigh Matice, who was the victim of this very crude “prank,” said that it wasn’t even remotely funny, and that the incident should be part of McDonald’s employee sensitivity training programs.
“We do not tolerate that kind of behavior at McDonald's, and it's not what we stand for personally as owners,” said Dulcy Purcell, the owner of the North Carolina McDonald’s in question. “It is about providing the best level of service and care to our customers, and anything less than that is unacceptable to us.”
Despite her outrage, Matice said that she plans to continue eating at McDonald’s.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time