Japanese Chain Creates Ramen-Stuffed Doughnuts
First ramen burgers, and now ramen-filled doughnuts? These noodley delicacies have been released into the world from Japan, whose Burger King branches recently decided that an all-black burger was a good idea.
A Japanese restaurant chain called Osaka Ohsho is offering the ramen-noodle filled doughnut “for a very limited time only,” reports Kotaku. The “fusion” item reportedly came from an employee food contest for the restaurant chain, and was the chosen winner amongst 100 entries.
According to Kotaku, the doughnut promises to be “more spicy!” and the interior is filled with “thick ramen noodles in a savory sauce.”
The ramen noodle doughnuts will be available at Osaka Ohsho until September 30 for 210 yen (approximately $2 USD). If you’re in the neighborhood and aren’t afraid of a little carbo-loading, we’d love to know what they’re like.” If all goes well, and even if it doesn't, the ramen doughnut might be headed for the States. Don't say we didn't warn you.
For the latest food and drink updates, visit our Food News page.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them