This Popular British Candy Is Coming to America
Maltesers are coming to America. For decades, the UK has had a chocolate chip on its shoulder over the quality of British sweets over American candies. There was even serious outcry over the decreased quality of now-American-owned British Cadbury crème eggs last year.
The Mars-owned British Maltesers will be available in the United States starting January 2017, Brand Eating reported.These chocolate-covered malted ball candies may be similar to Hershey’s Whoppers, but confectionary fans will note the texture and taste differences.
Maltesers will be available in 1.3-ounce singles ($1.09–$1.39), 3-ounce theater boxes ($1–$1.70), 3.52-ounce bags, 14.5-ounce tubs ($4.99–$5.99), and 31.1-ounce tubs ($9.48–$9.99).
Maltesers are already available online and in select movie theaters, but they will arrive on grocery and convenience store shelves after New Year’s.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas