Pizza Ice Cream Is Now a Thing, Thanks to the Coolhaus Ice Cream Truck
There are times when we have to sit down and ask ourselves, “has mankind gone too far?” This is the moral quandary that came to mind when we heard Coolhaus had come out with pizza ice cream.Sure, we trust Coolhaus to come up with all sorts of quirky and bizarre ice cream flavors (remember the Jewish deli-inspired menu they debuted last month with pastrami on rye-flavored ice cream?), but combining two of the most beloved junk foods in the world can’t be an easy feat.
The pizza ice cream looks pretty innocuous, but is described as having a “Mascarpone base infused with sundried tomato, olive oil, basil, and a pinch of salt.” It will debut this fall at all Los Angeles Coolhaus truck and cart locations.
Coolhaus is (surprisingly) not the only eatery to attempt the pizza-ice cream mashup. Little Baby’s Ice Cream in Philadelphia also has their own version, made with whole garlic cloves and oregano.
In the mood for more peculiar frozen treats? Check out our list of the most bizarre ice cream flavors around the world.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them