‘Pancake on a Stick’ Is Making a Comeback at Sonic This Spring
Breakfast will be made easy again with the return of Sonic Drive-In’s formerly discontinued “Pancake on a Stick” in the early spring, the company’s CEO Cliff Hudson told Business Insider.
Pancake on a Stick looks similar to a corndog, but is instead a sausage on a stick wrapped in a pancake. The popular menu item was first introduced in 2002, but was taken off the menu a few years later. Since then, Sonic fans have taken to Facebook and Twitter to mourn the loss of their favorite Sonic breakfast treat.
Sonic isn’t the only fast-food chain to reintroduce an old fan favorite — Burger King brought back chicken fries after fans also demanded the item back on social media. Chicken fries were also introduced in the early 2000s, but were discontinued in 2012. In 2015, the item was brought back to the menu and helped drive sales, Business Insider reported.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them