Halal Guys Platters Are the Most Ordered Takeout Dish in the World, Uber Says
Wouldn't you guess that the most popular takeout dish in America was pizza or pad Thai? According to UberEats, takeout customers' palates are more nuanced than that. The Daily Meal got exclusive data recently released from Uber’s new food delivery arm showing that the Halal Guys’ combo platter is the service’s most-ordered dish (specifically from the Houston branch).
The most popular dessert is Pidapipo Windsor ice cream in Melbourne, known for its exotic gelato flavors and for serving warm Nutella straight out of the tap. The most-requested general item was actually a hamburger.
Here's the full list below from UberEats:
Most-ordered specific dishes
1. The Halal Guys Combo Platter (Houston)
2. The Italian Bowl Build Your Own (Sydney)
3. SEOULSPICE Bibimbap Bowl (Washington, D.C.)
4. Koshe Poke Poke Bowl (NYC)
Most-ordered specific desserts
1. Pidapipo Windsor Ice Cream (Melbourne)
2. The Salty Donut Traditional Glazed Buttermilk (Miami)
3. The Salty Donut Guava with Cheese (Miami)
Most popular cuisines:
Most popular dessert type:
If your mouth is watering just by looking at this list, remember that UberEats just added surge pricing to its delivery service, much as it does with its sister car service.