A pet owner in Regina, Saskatchewan, decided to step outside one day on her patio, only to find hot dogs in her yard. But these weren’t just leftovers from a barbecue — they were filled with sharp shards of metal.
“It was super nice out so I decided to sit on the front patio while they go do their business, until I noticed my border collie Ophelia sniff a piece of meat that was in the yard,” Medeiros told BuzzFeed Canada.
Medeiros posted a video on Facebook to show exactly what she had found and to warn other pet owners to check their yards.
“I don't think I have ever been so shocked in my life,” she said. “It astounds me that someone would want to hurt my precious dogs, or any dog in that manner.”
Medeiros reported the incident to both the police and the Regina Humane Society.
“It could have been someone's child playing out front and not knowing any better and sticking that in their mouth,” she said. “It's terrible to think of.”