Big Apple Barbecue Block Party Returns This Weekend
Eric Schwortz Photography
The 14th Annual Big Apple Barbecue Block Party presented by Kingsford is back this weekend, and if you’re in NYC, you won’t want to miss it. It is the nation’s largest culinary and music festival dedicated to the best in barbecue, and is free to attend, though you’ll want to have some cash (or credit card) on hand to try some of the most delicious barbecue from all over the U.S.
Fourteen pitmasters will be serving up some “legendary ‘cue,” and NYC’s Milk Bar and Original Fried Pie Shop from Texas will offer sweet treats. Hutchins BBQ is participating for the first year, and will be making beef brisket with beans. Other highlights include smoked Alabama white wings with sesame coleslaw from Blue Smoke, whole hog BBQ with coleslaw from Ed Mitchell, and baby back ribs with baked beans from Memphis Barbecue Co.
Offerings will be sold for $10 a plate; however, the festival is also offering VIP and Fast Passes for those who want to get to eating their barbecue as quickly as possible. Fast Passes will also be sold onsite.
Can’t make it out to the Big Apple Barbecue? Check out our roundup of America’s best barbecue festivals to find one near you.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time