Shutterstock / nd3000

This Dream Job Will Pay You to Drink Wine and Travel the Country

The company says it’s looking for someone who is ‘adventurous, outgoing, and adaptable’

Shutterstock / nd3000

The job is a seasonal, full-time position.

If you’ve ever dreamed of living life on the road, drinking wine, and going to music festivals, there’s a dream job out there waiting for you. Oregon-based wine company Union Wine Co. is looking for a “Canbassador” to travel all over the country and represent their canned alcoholic beverages.

This summer, the wine company is “hitting the open road” in a 1972 Citroën mobile wine bar, making stops at music festivals, store openings, and outdoor events, according to the company website.

“We are looking for an individual to join our Road Trip Events team to promote the wonderful Oregon wines we’re so proud of, including the much-loved Underwood Wine in a Can,” Union Wine Co. says in the job posting.

However, there are two sides to every coin — the company warns that the job isn’t bound to be all glitz and glamour.

“While traveling around the country promoting wines sounds incredibly fun (it is), often, this involves being away from home for extended periods of time (1 to 4 months at a time), working long hours, adapting to stressful and changing conditions — all the while providing a positive attitude and memorable experience for customers encountered during the trip,” the company says.


Minimum requirements for the job include being 21 years of age or older, along with being able to drive large vehicles and having a flexible schedule. If this sounds like the perfect job for you, act fast — applications close on May 7.