104-Year-Old Texas Woman Credits Her Longevity to 3 Dr Peppers a Day
Elizabeth Sullivan, a resident of Fort Worth, Texas, who just turned 104, recently revealed that at least part of her success in achieving longevity is thanks to Dr Pepper, which she started drinking in her 60s.
“People try to give me coffee for breakfast. Well, I’d rather have a Dr Pepper,” Sullivan told CBS. “I started drinking them about 40 years ago. Three a day. Every doctor that sees me says they’ll kill you, but they die and I don’t. So there must be a mistake somewhere.”
For their biggest fan’s birthday, Dr Pepper gifted Sullivan with a cake shaped like Dr Pepper, and a gift basket from Dr Pepper CEO Larry Young.
Other than her soda-heavy diet, Sullivan says she doesn’t really have any other secrets for vitality. “You just keep living,” she told CBS.
For what it’s worth, Sullivan is not the only soda-centric senior who’s gotten some incredible mileage from a daily dose of soft drink.
As you may remember, billionaire Warren Buffett said not long ago that he drinks a minimum of five 12-ounce servings of Coca-Cola a day, and drinks Cherry Coke as a treat. “It’s the safest course I can take,” Buffett said.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas