Autistic Teen Chef Publishes Cookbook
Chase Bailey is like many other YouTube sensations — he pulls in thousands of viewers and holds a captive audience for his amateur cooking show, but with one small difference: He’s an autistic teenager. But Bailey doesn’t let this stop him from achieving his dreams.This month, Bailey, 15, will release his first cookbook, titled The Official Chase ‘N Yur Face Cookbook (based on his hit YouTube show), with a signed endorsement from Mario Batali. The book features 75 recipes with photos, fun facts, and anecdotes.
Bailey’s mom, Mary, said her son’s love of cooking actually grew out of a fear and resentment toward food that is common among autistic kids. She began filming him cooking so he could get over his fears.
“Long story short, food became his world — he started overcoming his aversions and even started trying exotic foods. He also decided he wanted to be a chef and have his own cooking show,” Mary told KSLA.
Proceeds from the cookbook, which goes on sale Nov. 10, will go toward the setting up the Chase Yur Dreams Foundation that will help kids with autism work toward living independently.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them