Five Star Seafood Restaurant 半島海鮮酒家
Dim Sum, Seafood, Chinese
140 W Valley Blvd #4D
San Gabriel, CA 91776
- Bring a translator, for real.
- Don't come here with your Chinese girlfriend's mother. She will insist that you try everything and stuff you like a thanksgiving turkey.
- Pork Shu Mai
- It's dim sum... You need to be aggressive to get a table especially on a busy day
- If you want to go for dim sum on weekend, go before 11:30am because it will be pack!
- They've got wifi to help get you through the long meals with your extended Chinese family and friends.
- Their $1.99 dim sum--that's $1.99 for everything on the menu--is robust and fun, not virtuosic. The flat-rate pricing enables reflexive, eat-with-your-eyes ordering.
- If you think you might get less crowd and less waiting time for weekdays lunch then you are totally wrong because this is where all the Chinese grandma (and some grandpa) hang out and have lunch.
- Late night, mango pudding may or may not be available
- Make sure to come early or else you'll be waiting like a bunch of packed sardines in the lobby
- Shrimp Har Gow
- Red Bean Sesame Balls
- Turnip Cake
- Salted Fish Fried Rice
- Real good food..
- Amazing Dim Sum at lunch time. Flag the cart ladies and waiters down for service, drinks etc.
- Time your visit wisely. The crowds get pretty crazy here!
- Can't get enough dim sum. And little Scotty loves the sesame balls.
- Get there before 9:30 or be prepared for a long wait.
- Fave: cucumber, mango pudding, tofu fa, steamed bbq pork bun; Skip: fried taro