Shaquille O’Neal Lets His Restaurant Servers Dictate Their Generous Tips
When you’re one of the world’s most legendary basketball players, you don’t exactly tip wait staff like everyone else. Shaquille O’Neal recently revealed on Jimmy Kimmel Live his habit of allowing all restaurant servers to pick their tip. The biggest request he got was for $4,000, and he had no problem laying down the cash.
“When they come up to the table, I say, ‘The quicker I get my order the bigger your tip will be,’” he told Kimmel. “When we’re getting ready to leave, I’ll ask them, ‘What do you want?’”
In response to O’Neal’s story about the $4,000 tip, Kimmel incredulously said, “You should’ve punched them in the head is what you should’ve done.”
But O’Neal saw it differently. “It was a young lady,” he said. “She was like, ‘Oh my God, you just paid my rent for two months.’”
Watch the video below, and if you ever have the good fortune to serve O’Neal, remember to aim high.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record