- 3/4 Cups whipping cream
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup water
- 4 Cups milk (whole milk preferred)
- 8 Tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 8 Tablespoons Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)
- grated semisweet chocolate for garnish
Over low heat in a medium saucepan combine sugar, cocoa powder and 1/8 tsp salt in saucepan. Add 12 cup water slowly while whisking, to ensure smooth mixture.
Gently simmer over medium-low heat, whisking constantly. Simmer 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and return to simmer. Divide hot chocolate among 4 warmed mugs. Divide 2 tbsp of each liqueur into each mug. Top each with whipped cream, and garnish with grated chocolate. This is an ideal winter holiday cocktail.