National Museum of Crime & Punishment
Museum, History Museum
- In the nation's capital lies a plaster death mask cast from the corpse of one of America's most-wanted gangsters, John Dillinger. But is it really his face, or does the mask prove he got away?
- Opened in 2008, this museum includes a crime lab, simulated shooting range, high-speed police-chase, and the filming studios for America's Most Wanted. More in this C-SPAN segment shot at the museum.
- Try the FBI shooting game- awesome.
- Great museum, well worth the Groupon!
- The museum has great artifacts and is organized by era. Don't leave without trying the FBI shooting game.
- I was really happy to see an exhibit on dog fighting. I would have liked to see more people stop and educate themselves instead of pass right through that section. Dog fighting is a crime.
- Both sides of the law are explored in depth through a fascinating history of crime dating as far back as the medieval era. Join pirates, outlaws, bank robbers and the lawmen who captured them.
- Definitely kind of creepy...but I guess you can expect that.
- Give yourself at least a couple hours here, there's a ton to see and read. Definitely worth the admission ticket.
- next time ur in DC,just check it out....u wont be disaapointed!!!
- Scare your pants off at NMCP for Fright at the Museum, featuring a real electric chair and the souls that died in it! Wed-Sun, Oct. 21-24 & Oct. 28-31, the most unique Halloween!
- This is one of the few museums you have to pay for in DC, but it seems like fun. We visited the gift shop, not the museum and they had some fun presents you could buy as souvenirs.
- Great trip for teachers. Teachers get free admission with students.
- Interesting, but kinda creepy
- Got half off for checking in on Foursquare!
- On April 1 1845, Samuel Morse opened the world's first telegraph office on this location. Messages were sent in a coded alphabet consisting of electronic dots & dashes which became known as Morse Code
- Really cool museum. However, it's closing soon.
- Interesting facts...I enjoyed myself!
- This place is awesome!!!
- Cool interactive museum similar to Spy Museum. Must see if interested in history of crime and punishment in history. $22 for adults and self guided. Lots to see.