National Bonsai and Penjing Museum
Washington, DC 20002
- Absolutely stunning and tranquil place to visit! Getting there by public transportation is doable but once inside it would best to have a vehicle as the place is 446 acres.
- The whole place is impressive. Worth taking your time in.
- What a whimsical and peaceful place!
- Perfect for a quiet stroll.
- Spectacular bonsai collection, many were over a century old!
- This is the best part of the National Arboretum. Great collection of bonsai trees. They even have a tree that survived the atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- This was the most unusual museum
- Yeah, this is exactly what you think it is: a big museum full of 150 of the sickest freaking bonsai trees you will ever see. Ensconced in pagodas, water features, and beautiful Chinese architecture.
- So cool! There is a tree that survived the atom bomb!
- No crowds. Serene. Great place to visit whilst in DC.
- Read all the placards. Some of these trees are incredibly old!