The Mount Washington Cog Railway
- Wear good walking/hiking boots to take advantage of awesome trails and walks to explore at the top of Mt. Washington
- The world's first cog railroad which uses gears that interlock with toothed racks on the ground. The grade's so steep that you need to stay seated during the ride.
- Check out the museum downstairs and watch the movie about the history of the railway. Remember not th feed the bears, they are already stuffed!
- The Mount Washington Cog Railway opened to the public on July 3, 1869. You can read all about the railway's history in THE MOUNT WASHINGTON COG RAILWAY.
- Maybe not for the faint of heart but the best way to see the Mt Washington Summit! I recommend sitting on the left side front going up and the right side front going down. Check the weather beforehand
- Slower but easier than the Mt Washington Auto Road
- Sit on the left side of the train for the best views!
- Last train of the day is $15 off!
- We've taken the auto road and this was a great option. A little pricy but a fun alternative to get to the summit.
- The steam engine is an adventure trip. Must not have fear of heights. Staff were so professional and worth the 3 hours. Check out the Tip Top House.
- Its mostly diesel-powered now, but theres a steam locomotive still making the first run of the day just like a century ago.
- Steam engine coaches stink inside, not sure how different the ride is...
- Awesome piece of history a must
- The ride is good
- The first train of the day is the steam train. Book your tickets early. The left side has the best views on the way up.
- A great day. Worth the $.