Motor City Soul Food
Southern / Soul
12700 W 7 Mile Rd (Meyers)
Detroit, MI 48235
- Andrew Zimmern and Detroit News columnist Chuck Bennett came to try classic food that Martha Clay brought up from Mississippi. Andrew eats oxtails, chitlins & okra. As seen on Bizarre Foods America.
- Diners swear by the smothered pork chops, fried chicken, mac & cheese, and the peach cobbler for dessert. It's pure Detroit, and worth the tricky parking situation and the wait. [Eater 38 Member]
- Fried wings, baked turkey wings, dressing, string beans, macaroni and cheese, candied yams, peach cobbler, ...good eat
- This food is really good, no joke...
- Yes the Mac an cheese was terrific an the fried chops were good also
- Mac and cheese and yams are amazing!!
- Love their yams! We about to go in lol
- Always a long line but don't let that scare you away. They'll have you out in ten minutes. The food is definitely worth it!!!!
- Get the greens! Hell get anything its all good!
- Right up there for the best fried chicken in Detroit. Well worth the wait. Mac and cheese and peach cobbler also good. Even if there is a long line, it will move quickly.
- Food is delicious. What ever you select, you will be pleased. Their dinner portions are enough for two meals in one.
- Conish hens are the bomb!!!!
- Meatloaf is delish here! Mac and cheese, spaghetti, and greens are all good side items!
- Fried chicken and all the sides!
- The best soul food in town
- I haven't had a bad dish here. Really good food.
- Mmmmm good
- Check out Motor City Soul Food as seen on Bizarre Foods America
- Macaroni and cheese is one of my favorites!
- Macaroni and cheese is a must try.