MOSI - IMAX Dome Theater
Indie Movies, Science Museum, Movie Theater
4801 E Fowler Ave (at Bull Run Dr.)
Tampa, FL 33617
- This giant, dome-shaped screen is the place to watch Imax films that practically put viewers in the movie. The Short List: one of our top 5 best local movie theatres.
- If you get motion sickness or dizzy easily avoid the bottom row.
- Go to the 4th floor and enter from there. Much easier to get to the top and avoid crowds.
- Tip bartender working hard
- Saw Rogue 1. Picture was grainy, blurry. Close ups too close and edges so blurry as to be almost indistinguishable. Would have rather watched it on my home tv. Big disappointment.
- Go in the evenings when they show 1st run movies filmed in Imax. Find the projector and sit 2 rows down in the middle, BEST SEAT IN THE HOUSE!
- Great films here, watch one
- Dome is amazingly, overpoweringly real. 3-4 stories high, steep seating, VERY narrow isles. Top row has a wide isle. If you get motion sick or are disturbed by heights, see a regular IMAX elsewhere.
- Worst experience ever!!! Felt like you were sitting in the front row of a regular movie only to have it cut off 30 minutes before the end!!! And they offer a comp!! Now thank you!
- First off: real IMAX size (even though it's the dome). Maybe more importantly: no digital projection! Vastly superior quality of movie!
- It smells funny in here.
- Incredible experience
- Worst IMAX I've ever been in!!!!!
- Hit the Bar1570. Sangria is great!
- All seats are good just make sure to use the restroom before the movie!