4400 N Lake Shore Dr (btwn Lawrence Ave & Montrose Ave)
Chicago, IL 60640
- You will not find parking on a good beach day. Either take the train or pay the $2.00 to park in the lot. A very popular beach indeed.
- Go to the top of the little hill to fly your kite
- Bring sunglasses so you can judge and not get caught!
- The dog beach here is amazing and they even have poopie bags stocked in case you forget!
- Bring your pup! Huge fenced dog beach.
- Wear sunscreen
- Big public beach, for swimming, volleyball, fishing and jet-ski action
- Only part of the beach (Wilson north) is a dog beach. South of Wilson to Montrose is a regular beach. Feel free to bring food or eat at any of the couple restaurants or food carts.
- Fun place. Nice picnic and beach area. Will be there again but with a padded blanket and more time!
- Great place after sundown for some peace and quiet.
- Great spot to watch the sunrise!
- Great beach for little kids. The water is really calm compared to the downtown beaches.
- Great lake side location to go running or just walk your dog.
- Great place to play volleyball. Remember--no reason to lose if they keep score.
- Nice beach. Usually a spot to sit and some tree coverage does provide shade. Bathrooms are a disaster
- Nice lively place...
- Fenced in dog beach
- great beach!
- Kayak Chicago and other watersports vendors are here, and you can frolic with Fido in the designated dog-friendly area of the beach.
- Best Free Activities according to radicalpossibility.com