Mohonk Mountain House
Resort, Hotel, Historic Site
- Joining the Hamptons crowds not your idea of a restful summer vacation? Venture instead to Mohonk Mountain House, an historic resort in the Shawangunk Mountains with an old-world feel.
- No TV in room. Kids go nuts.
- Make sure to hike around the lake and up to the tower!! And at the end of day you'll deserve a drink in the sunset porch!!
- If your in the mood for a workout try the labyrinth trail. Make sure you wear your hiking boots cause there are some pretty steep climbs and the view is totally worth it in the end.
- Rosemary mint shampoo, conditioner, etc. here and at spa is the best!
- You are allowed to bike up to the Mohonk Mountain House...you just aren't allowed inside.
- Mountain side for sunsets, lakeside for sunrises. And no television to distract!
- World class scenery and lovely historical resort setting. Customer service culture stinks. Problem remedies are limited to "fill out a comment card"
- Bring your hiking shoes, if you choose to do the difficult trail, your in for it. But it is all worth it!
- Beautiful scenery and plenty to do - hiking, ice skating, swimming, and more.
- So far this place is downright CREEPY. Like that Stephen King movie with Jack Nicholson.
- $20 dollars /person to get in?! You should be ashamed to ask that much. People who live in the area cant enjoy it... So glad only the wealthy get to "break in" their new hiking gear. Disappointment!!
- Best way to view the fall foliage!
- Mohonk motto:
- Brilliant form as far as Dinner goes.My tip here is their frog legs and the escargotTry to visit whenever the Russian Symphony Orchestra is there.
- Can't believe I was charged $27 for turning on the TV in my room that was provided...
- Great setting for a wedding or anniversary celebration. Ours was number 32. Worth the price and travel time.
- Don't go to tea at 4pm, wait until 4:30pm. The tea is still available but they bring out better cookies. Also, forget the rocking chairs at tea, go to the summerhouse just below the porch.
- If you ever get lost in the woods, you will want to do it here. The trails, the views, the lilly pond, the sumptuous meal waiting on your return, a unique place to vacation at.
- Always the best