Since I entered this blogging world, I seem to always be stumbling on opportunities to learn. Whether it be techy stuff to do with blogging or fun and informative facts shared by my fellow bloggers, everyday seems to present me with something I didn’t know before.
Either that or I just have a grody memory and things keep falling out of my brain so quickly that the next time I stumble on the same thing – it’s all brand new to me! Hmmmm…. ?
Getting back to those new tidbits – most days, those new tidbits have me thrilled to learn something new. But then, there are those rare handful of days when I wish that I could unlearn what I learned, un-see the letters jumping off the screen but, it’s those things that I wish I could unlearn or forget, that are seared on my brain!
Yesterday fell into that latter category. Yesterday I learned something I wish I could have unlearned! And I hate to say that, when it has to do with my favorite pick me up, my favorite afternoon slump-slayer: coffee!
Now, I’ve read with disdain those news tidbits that touted how horrible coffee was to our bodies, and I have rejoiced in reading those news tidbits that sang it’s praises. But, yesterday I was speechless when I stumbled on an article on the most expensive coffee.
Priced at around $600 a pound, this smooth, chocolatey coffee is supposed to get it’s unique aroma and taste from its trip through the digestive tract of the Luwak (a Sumatran wild cat). Say what?!?!
Well, y’all will be relieved to know that I didn’t splurge on that $600 per pound coffee to make these Mocha Almond Bites.
These bites don’t need an oven, nor do they involve any refined sugar or gluten or even dairy for that matter. Yet, these simple bites taste so decadently delicious – and, bites like these are a major reason I was able to stick to my sugar-fast!
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon almond milk, or milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2-3 tablespoons zero calorie sweetener, i used stevia naturals
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Then using your hands, roll them into bite sized balls.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and enjoy.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- Why You Should Never Sleep in on the Weekends
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record