Missouri State Penitentiary
114 Lafayette St.
Jefferson City, MO 65101
- Want to Ghost Hunt? Public Overnight Paranormal Investigations occur the last Saturday of the month for 2012 Season! missouripentours.com
- The walls, many a bad actor was there.
- Loved the 3 hour history tour! Very informative. Bill was great!
- Daily tours by people who worked there, it was awesome! Going back for the Ghost Tour soon.
- Absolutely amazing!
- Ghost tours! Historical AND scary.
- Did the 2-hour History Tour. The Penitentiary is a interesting collects of buildings with a very colorful history. If you have a couple of extra hours it's well worth the visit.
- The Missouri State Penitentiary was once called the bloodiest 47 acres in America. Learn more about the prison from a former deputy warden in this C-SPAN video:
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes. And dress for the weather, there is no heat or a/c.
- Day History Tours and evening Ghost Tours! Something for all! Be sure to check out the gift shop and take a piece of history home!