New American, Bar, American
$ $ $
- Peanut Butter Indulgences: a peanut butter cup gone gourmet is topped with crisp tuile. -Gambit's Five in 5
- Try the splendid sweetbreads, nestled in a base of rich grits and gilded with truffle sauce. -Gambit's Five in 5
- The root beer float is a must try - its not your typical root beer float.
- This fine Southern dining restaurant, known for its farm produce, rethinks classic fare, such as its Deconstructed Oysters Rockefeller: poached oysters, bacon chips and licorice root.
- Wonderful service and tasty food. I love my crawfish omelette.
- Try the hickory-smoked lemonfish salad served with dill-mustard sauce - Gambit's Five in 5
- Good services + great breakfast selection on the weekend
- Get to there early, go next door to the Renaissance bar and ask for Chris to make you a drink.
- Try the Crispy Chicken - Yum. Photo is dark. Sorry!
- Try the Sweet Breads With Polenta - So perfectly sweet and savory!
- Try the Barbeque Lobster - Wow. New southern cuisine. The Maine lobster was perfect as was the sauce!
- try the root bear float, lima bean puree, banana creme brulee, pan seared scallops, rice pudding & sweet potato rolls
- Try the Andouille Sausage - Don't ask why, ask yourself why not?
- Hands down one of the best foie gras dishes I've had, rivals the French laundry.
- Great spot for an early evening cocktail before dinner.
- Organic Greens Salad is a must! Also, the foie gras is butter!!! You must try!!!
- Service was not very attentive tonight, although they aren't busy. Last time was much better. Don't get the cheese plate -it's a sad little thing.
- Bonus: the hotel also houses Bar Uncommon, where fourth-generation bartender and founder of the Museum of the American Cocktail Chris McMillan crafts pitch-perfect cocktails.
- Awesome bar snacks and staff, ask Sam to make you a custom drink!
- Soulful Southern cooking is done right here at this local restaurant (proud natives - and married couple - own and cook here). Try the rotisserie-roasted ducks brined in sweet tea for a savory meal.