14 Mechanic St (Lawrence St.)
New Haven, CT 06511
- Let's just say a lot of our neighbors of Mexican heritage eat here. Can get loud, though. Especially if the Mariachi band is playing.
- BESTTTT Mexican food ever!!! the Ritas are unbelievable!!!
- The most legit Mexican in CT. Don't expect Texmex.
- Carthus is crazy, been mayor here never seen that. Tostatas de tinga is the way to go. Best mexican food in CT
- Best margaritas and flan in CT!
- Steak nachos!
- Best Mexican in New Haven. Hands down.
- Great food and great service, but it's loud and cramped when they're busy.
- Like shrimp? Try the ceveche. Amazing. Even if u don't like shrimp!
- Want authentic Mex in New Haven? Mezcal is the ONLY place to go. Great vibe, wonderful service/staff. If I could give it "FourSquares" out of five, I would :)
- Chicken soup is delicious.
- The mole is awesome!
- Usually I enjoy it, but last time the food was subpar and it gave me food poisoning
- Terrible. Waited 30 minutes to sit and another 30 minutes at the table just hoping the waiter who was ignoring us would come take our order. We finally walked out. And it was a Monday.
- You can not go wrong with the Tostada de tinga! Solid dish everyone loves
- Margarita. End of story. The best bang for your buck. Always lovely service.
- Mexi-brunch. Service may be slow but portions are huge and cheap.
- Tons and tons of meat. The steak fajitas smelled amazing. Pulled pork nachos are the best. Chicken quesadillas are ok. Tons of fresh lime juice in the margaritas!
- get the margarita. holy hell its great. so are the carnitas.