The Merchandise Mart
Building, Furniture / Home, Convention Center
222 Merchandise Mart Plz (btwn Kinzie & Wells)
Chicago, IL 60654
- Second-largest building in the world; it actually has its own zipcode! Wholesale furniture and furnishings store for buyers all over the world w/ 600 permanent showrooms, and a great bookstore.
- On the second floor lobby, the Argo Tea and Starbucks compete in neighboring storefronts. Argo has better drinks but SBux has free WiFi. Sit in the lobby and enjoy both.
- The stairwells here smell like one of those old battleships you toured as a kid. Inhale deeply.
- Some of the best people watching in the city
- Take unnecessary elevator trips during Neocon and give out bad directions "try the better coffee place on the 8th floor. No line!"
- A celebration of international art and antiques, the 5th annual Artropolis takes over the Merchandise Mart this Friday and will offer attendees access to special programs and performances for 4 day.
- Cheap parking at the corner of Hubbard and Wells via Spothero
- Friend me if you need help getting on the wi-fi network, I supply support for it as well am responsible for installing it over 4 years ago. Possibly the largest contiguous wifi hotspot in the US
- At one time this was the largest building in the world.
- great lunch options here! an entire food court on the second level
- If you want a quiet space to relax, check out the lounge on the 14th floor.
- Was the largest building in the world (by floorspace) until 1943, when they finished The Pentagon.
- The elevators here are way too damn slow.
- Design + Fashion + Huge Metro Hub = Some of the most beautiful people in Chicago work or pass through here everyday. Throw me a thumbs up if you agree :-)
- Go to the Artisan Cellar on the first floor and get an Illy Espresso or an Americano. Awesome and the folks are nice.
- The Merchandise Mart is a state-of-the-art technology and business hub locally, nationwide, and internationally.
- Digital by Design HQ, 14th Floor, Downtown Chicago
- Renovations in 2016 should bring the Merch Mart into the 21st century!
- This place is huge and the time I was there it looked pretty empty. They should make more use of it cause the location and views are amazing.
- Starbucks has a great location with a lounge for customers at the Merchandise Mart.