Sporting Goods, Apparel, Outdoor Supplies
- MEC staff are amazing, lots of my blind friends shop here too!
- Get your running gear here. Great selection of men's stuff, all seemingly 20% less than what you'd pay at The Running Room. Plus, MEC has minimal and "barefoot" shoes.
- The $5 lifetime membership is well worth it. Their packs are extremely well priced given the quality, and the staff are all well seasoned travelers with great tips to offer
- Go to MEC and make sure you buy the $5 lifetime membership. You need to be a co-op member in order to buy anything. It's not a regular retail store.
- One of the few places in Toronto where I can find small Nalgene water bottles. MEC clothes are nice.
- Every tourist should take out a $5 membership as the value and quality is great. Beijing outdoor stores have nothing on these guys. I'll be back!
- don't go on pay day...
- New store features a free bike repair stand just outside with air and tools
- Join! Just the selection of tote bags alone is worth it. I've been a member since the 70s.
- You care about health and the environment. Do you also like a good party for a good cause? @EarthDayCanadas Gala is happening on June 6 at The Drake. Dont miss out! http://bit.ly/KSVhVK
- Full of urban hipsters. Try the Barrie location for peace and quiet.
- Best hit dog stand outside
- Dogs are no longer permitted starting Jan 1, 2011 :(
- Go on Saturday between 1pm and 4pm. Bring a small child. Let them try out the indoor climbing wall for free!
- Always fun to browse at all sorts of outdoor related gadgets and gear, at a reasonable price.
- They have a green roof you can visit! It's dope, do it
- Actually a co-op! Has the most durable bags and quality hiking/outdoorsy gear, my bag still looks new 10 years later!
- For all of your backpacking needs.
- Outdoor activity equipment and clothing and accessories
- It is nice, but doesn't have as much store brand equipment, like REI.