McCarren Park Greenmarket
Farmer's Market, Flea Market
631-641 Union Ave (btwn Driggs Ave & N 12th St)
Brooklyn, NY 11211
8:00am - 3:00pm
- I LOVE $8 lettuce <3
- The girl fishmonger is the friendliest lady around. She's also very knowledgable about different ways to prepare her wares. Amazing all around.
- McCarren Park Greenmarket is open Sat 8am-3pm. You can redeem your Health Bucks and use your EBT at this market. Learn more about Health Bucks at http://on.nyc.gov/ateSJ6.
- Garden of Eve is the only organic farm there, so hit them first.
- Take the time to listen to the banjo band
- Bring your compost for the new collection!
- Grab a Peoples Pop from the Red Jacket Orchard folks!
- They have a recycling drop off point for old clothing.
- Blue potatoes & rhubarb & beautiful greens/herbs (& more) oh, my! Buy here every Saturday and support the local farmers, & don't forget to check out Red Jacket Orchards' variety of fruity Apple Juices
- be smart, buy local, help support the local farmers
- Small market, but good selection!
- Best place to get fresh produce all summer long...bring your compost! they do urban soil testing sometimes too
- Really great prices and wonderful seasonal produce.
- So cool! Kale, beer, house plants :)
- Great healthy food for good prices! I bought some bread and apples with the change I had left over from a coffee, and had a great breakfast strolling through the stands.
- A weekend must!
- One of the beat green markets in the city. Love grabbing some apples, donuts, or cheese from here.
- Great farmers market to bring kids.
- Great local/seasonal food & drinks. Also drop off your compost and used textiles to recycle!