Nightclub, Concert Hall
$ $ $
- If you can't catch one of the provocative Lucha VaVoom shows, the Mayan's Tropical Saturday is still one hot party with live salsa orchestras and DJs.
- come for the architecture, stay for the dance party.
- Great atmosphere, strong drinks, and good music! A true club.
- The Mayan is bringing the club scene back to downtown LA. Amazing weekend dance nights and other great live acts! Don't forget to dress to impress. It's an upscale club! TW 's Mayan!
- There's a sweet bathroom on the first floor. It's glorious! Hard to get to, took me years to find. When you walk into main room, walk out door on left, then make another left. Happy New Year!
- Lucha VaVOOM is an action-packed scream-a-thon, featuring heroic Mexican masked wrestlers performing breathtaking acrobatic feats while battling evil luchadores Oct. 30-31.
- Dance the night away! The Mayan nightclub plays all music from house, top 40, hip hop, reggaeton, and more.
- Do NOT buy hot dogs from man stationed a few steps over! Tried to charge me $24 for 4 hot dogs when they were $3.75 ea. Takes advantage of those who drink in hope of profit. THEY DONT EVEN HAVE BACON
- There's church here 7pm on Sunday's
- They really need to incorporate the "over 21" wristband system for concerts here. Having to show ID every time you want to move around the 1st floor is really inconvenient.
- Become friends with the bouncers they're nice guys who have your free passes ;) Tip the bartenders and they are sure to get you fucked up Lol and Party fa sho! Lol
- Watch the concert from the second floor if you prefer high definition / high fidelity over high bass.
- Interesting venue with unique decor. Bar lines can get long though.
- Good ole masked Mexican wrestling!
- Bartenders really know how to mix a proper drink. Careful taking the first sip it's probably stronger than you think! Great place to see concerts, beautiful interior.
- Love the history and feel of the Mayan. LA stalwart. Make a point of seeing something here.
- I like hanging out on the balcony and grabbing a drink at the upstairs bar when I'm feeling my age.
- Beautiful place but came here for a concert and it was very disorganized.
- Love the backstage bar and hang. Think the best seats are the first balcony set. Go check the Gaslamp Killer Experience if he does it there again or Lucha Vavoom.
- Gorgeous venue in side although the balcony area can be tough if you are really tall.