Park, Scenic Lookout, Trail
Golden Gate National Recreation Area
Sausalito, CA 94965
- Stop at the 1st or 2nd pullout up the Morin Headlands. Both offer stunning views and photo opportunities of the Golden Gate Bridge and surrounding landscape.
- across the GG bridge, exit Alexander, turn left
- Drive up Conzelman Road to Hawk Hill, it's the furthest you can go before having to turn around or drive down the one way road. Hawk Hill is the best place to take photos of the city & the bridge.
- Nothing to see here. Move along, folks.
- Words cannot say. AWESOME VIEW. Try it at sunrise and sunset.
- Romantic place to go! Great picture taking!
- Hope you're either contemplating the rest of your life or attempting to make out with someone all the way up here...
- the headlands offer amazing hiking, and they are just over the bridge - hit up Hill 88 for a good afternoon hike and some amazing views of San Fran; when there is no fog ;-)
- The Headlands are full of amazing hikes! Park at the visitors center and choose a route through the hills or to a beach.
- If you're visiting the Bay Area, stop by here on the final day. It'll leave you with a beautiful memory.
- Good for photographer to take a really nice pics
- It's cold there.
- Nike missile site with actual nike missiles (deactivated) and Marin mammal center are both with a look
- Check the forecast before coming. The fog ruins the view
- Heading north bound over the Golden Gate Bridge skip the crowded "Vista Point" and take the next exit toward the Marin Headlands. The view of the city and bridge is surreal from up there.
- If you're here in the park, stop by the visitor center for a free trail map! If you want to spend the night, head to the hostel on Rosenstock road! It's a great & affordable place to stay!
- For wider views go up to the third stop, left at the roundabout going towards the battery.
- Awesome view at sunset and nighttime.
- enjoy the vistas from the top
- I came here while trying to get to the Golden Gate and walk across. Its nice but I didnt get to spend much time here.