Maria Hernandez Park
- Up the street at 205 Knickerbocker, Bonano crime boss Carmine Galante was assassinated in a mafia hit in 1979. Click "More Info" to see this amazing pic of the crime scene!
- Decent sized park with a large playground area for kids and a fenced in area for dogs.
- The latest addition to the menagerie of oversized stuffed animals that show up here with more frequency than one might expect:
- Make NYC Your Gym with others! Shape Up NYC hosts a FREE Boot Camp class for everyone on Thursdays from 6pm-7pm.
- A really nice community park. Come watch the families, dogs, skateboarders, and awesome mini water playround.
- Around noon, there is a non-profit by the entrance of the park giving out free food for people in need.
- nice place for a quick stroll! there were lots of skateboarders, and there's a large playground and volleyball area
- Such a a awesome park with the most lovey people :) (not nearly as crowded as McCarran park)
- Amazing Farmer's market on Saturday
- This park was names after Maria Hernandez was at her apt on Starr St. looking out her window and was shot up for calling and reporting crime around her nieghborhood.
- Skate spot
- Lovely spot to take a break from it all.
- This park is ok, just very dirty and not well maintained
- Nice park near Bushwick Collective
- Really nice and functional park
- very community-centered, lively
- Mafia boss Carmine Galante was assassinated in this park in 1979. Really nice park tho
- Running track, benches galore, outdoor workout station
- Always full of skateboarders
- It's a park that is chill.