Mammoth Cave National Park
National Park, Cave
- The Grand Avenue tour was awesome! 4.5 miles/4 hours is perfect. Wear jeans and light jacket because it is chilly. For $7.50 the box lunch is an ok deal, lots of food. Tour guides were great and fun.
- Spend the day underground.
- Hikes for every age and physical ability. Tour the caves during hot summer days. Hike outdoor trails on cooler ones. Something for everyone.
- Great tours! Choose Historic or Niagara if you're new. Bring a jacket (it can be cold) & wear comfy shoes. Rangers know their shit.
- Violet City Tour is loads of fun
- Taking both the Domes and Dripstones and the Historic Entrance tours is a good full day, and a great way to see various parts of the cave.
- While the coolness of the cave can be a nice respite on a warm summer day, it also gives you a chance to warm up on a cold winter day (and the crowds are smaller then, too)!
- Make sure to wear hiking shoes and not sneakers as they are not allowed on many of the tours.
- Really enjoyed the lantern tour. No photo opps but you get to see parts of the cave none of the other tours go.
- Awesome site to see! No matter how hot is it, bring a hoodie or jacket. The caves are cold! I wore shorts and a tank due to the 93 deg. weather. My body went numb and had nasal drip in the cold cave!
- Made our South's Best List! Topside the park offers more than 70 miles of trails for hikers, bikers and horse-back riders.
- Great caves!!!
- The Lantern Tour is packed with history. Alan is the best guide.
- If you're going on the wild cave tour, choose knee pads that fit you well and opt to bring gloves, they'll be useful!
- The New Entrance tour is far better than the Historic tour - if you have a digital SLR camera then definitely bring it in the New Entrance tour.
- At less than two hours from downtown Louisville, a trip to Mammoth Cave is a great excuse to get out of the city for a day.
- Today was my second Wild Cave Tour, and I'm already thinking about my third! It can be intense, but it's worth it. Make sure to check it out!
- The $4 general tour was kinda lame. You only get to see a small portion of the cave. Don't forget a jacket, it's f*ing cold in there.
- Check the ferry schedule before you explore the park by car. Some may be closed!
- Awesome so many options hard to believe you can only do 10 of the 412 miles of caves