The Magic Castle
Performing Arts, Speakeasy
- Keep an eye out for Phil VanTee!! He is wearing a cowboy hat and is an outstanding Magician!!
- Formal wear only.
- Go to the Close Up room. And look for the wandering magicians.
- Check out new Pepper's Ghost installation in the basement that convinced Walt Disney to build the Haunted Mansion
- Irma is a hottie.
- This is hands down the best magic show in LA.
- Having trouble getting an invite to this private club? Stay at the attached hotel and gain access to the castle. Strict dress code still enforced.
- Irma the ghostly piano player takes requests
- Proper attire is required. Don't look like a fool. No jeans or sneakers.
- Is the room getting taller or am I sitting at a sinking bar stool?
- Definitely don't skip on the filet mignon. And be sure to catch one of the free tours on the weekends.
- The most friendly hotel in LA. Free snacks and sodas. Free wifi. DVDs to borrow. Cool small pool. Huge comfy suites. Not to be missed.
- Find me and I'll show you something awesome.
- If you're scared of getting picked to be a show assistant, you will get picked.
- Go to the bar in the dungeon called the Hat and the Hare. If Mike the bartender is working ask him what he knows about time travel.
- Here's a tip for getting into the wonderful, members-only Magic Castle: stay at the Magic Castle Hotel next door. It's cute, moderately-priced,& convenient to the madness on Hollywood Boulevard.
- My 2nd time here & ordered the Truffle Fries & Rack of Lamb, Delish! They have different acts every 2 weeks. Very friendly staff. Take a tour w/a "Knight" to get a history of the place. Members Only.
- A black-tie, invitation-only clubhouse where magic shows and an invisible piano player accompany steak dinners. You can get the required invitation from a member through someone taking magic classes!
- Be sure to say the words "Open Sesame" to the owl, or you're not getting in!
- Easily one of the top 10 vintage Hollywood gothic homes preserved and converted for use as a world renown magic venue and eatery. Easily. Don't forget to dress nicely - no jeans or sneakers allowed! ~