- I got engaged here.
- Call (912)658-1364 to start your carriage ride here! Forrest Gump is here today !!
- Savannahians sometimes refer to this as Jasper Square, in honor of the statue of Sgt. William Jasper, a soldier in the Siege of Savannah who heroically recovered his company's flag.
- Note SCAD's first building, Poetter Hall, a red brick Romanesque Revival structure built as an armory that now houses the admissions department and ShopSCAD on the corner.www.architecturalsavannah
- Named in honor of President James Madison in 1837, it is the home of St. John's Episcopal Church, the Green-Meldrim House, and the Sorrel-Weed House; be sure to see them all!
- Designed in 1837. Honor of Madison, the 4th president. Monument of Sgt William Jasper / Siege of Savannah in 1779. Granite marker denotes the southern line of the British defense during the battle.
- On Jan 16, 1985, General William Sherman issued Special Field Order #15 in which land along the Atlantic Coast was given to freed slave families. Hear the story of why these military orders were issue
- We had a big evening outdoor event there. Very nice.
- Another lovely square in Savannah.
- NO PANHANDLING - DISCOURAGE PANHANDLING IN SAVANNAH - Call 911 if you are physically threatened or asked for money. Violation of city code 9-1001
- Have a seat and listen to the church bells. You might even see Forrest...
- Walk up one more square to Chippewa to join me on an Architectural tour and learn more about some of the buildings on Madison Square!