The Lunch Belle's holiday gifting guide
It seems like it was only an hour ago that I was complaining about the summer's sweltering heat and humidity. And here we are - much more than an hour later - making our holiday lists and checking them twice.
For me, the November/December "holiday season" always seems to creep up in the form of, say:
- Starbuck's red and white holiday cups
- Reading, on my morning subway commute, that the Grand Central Holiday Fair has already opened
- Or, while inadvertently passing through Rockefeller Center, doing a "double take" when I notice that the space, formerly filled with al-fresco cafe tables and chairs, has morphed in to the world-famous ice skating rink.
I can't help but ask myself, "Where does the time go?" And, before we're out of time, I figured that it was only fitting to create a holiday gifting guide. Over the past few months, I've collected a stack of pages - either ripped out of magazines or printed from my computer - that are filled with items, I believe, are "must haves" for even your pickiest recipient. From essential cookbooks and entertaining guides - to a millionaire's pool sculpture (hey, a girl can dream!) - I've got all of your bases covered.
Without further ado ... The Lunch Belle's 2010 Holiday Gifting Guide:
~ ~ ~
For the bachelor/ette with a sense of humor
- Someecards' drink coasters
For your favorite JAP
- "Chai Maintenance" t-shirt
For your gay boyfriend/husband
- "WWBD" t-shirt
For the gourmand
The budding culinaire
- Gift certificate(s) towards cooking courses at The International Culinary Center
The resident entertainer / host(ess)-with-the-mostess
- Colin Cowie's Infused Beverage Pitcher
- Cookbook: Elegant Entertaining: Seasonal Recipes from the American Ambassador's Residence in Paris
- Cookbook: Gifts Cooks Love, Recipes for Giving
- Esperanto Restaurant's Spiced Oil
- Ramekins, by Mustardseed & Moonshine
Young girls / mothers of young girls
- Cookbook: Princess Party Cookbook
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Computer Commuter (in black)
- "Clarissa" Perfume Bottle, by Juliska
Girlie-girl / preppie
- The sexiest scent: Chic, by Carolina Herrera
"Money is no object"
~ ~ ~
Read it & eat...and shop 'til you drop!
The Lunch Belle