San Antonio, TX (RestaurantNews.com) Luciano Italian Restaurant owner Gennaro ‘Jimmy’ Centofanti (pronounced Chento-Fahn-tee) was given the “Campione peri Bambini” (Champion for Kids) Award from The Ferrari Kid organization at their Annual Gala at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort & Spa, Saturday, November 12, 2016.
The Ferrari Kid experience is designed to give children coping with cancer and other illnesses a chance to forget about their struggles and give them a break by making them a “Celebrity” for a day. The Ferrari Kid Experience Offers Each Child:
- A Life Changing Ferrari Ride: To the child’s favorite ‘local celebrity’ place
- A Red Carpet Appearance: Child is greeted with a real red carpet reception
- Their Own Paparazzi’s: Documenting our ‘celebrity’s arrival’
- Ferrari Kid Shirt: So they can remember their Ferrari Kid Experience
- Special Lunch or Dinner: With Best Selling Author & Founder Manny Diotte
- A Picture Book/Canvas Print: That captures the moment forever!
Mr. Centofanti is a proud owner of a Ferrari and and an even more proud driver of The Ferrari Kid. He sits on the Ferrari Kid Board of Directors and, through his restaurant Luciano‘s, has helped raised thousands of dollars for the organization and create awareness. It’s is because of his love for the children and the love of the organization he was given this prestigious award. “I don’t know what to say. I’m honored,” said Mr. Centofanti “I accept this on behalf of all the Luciano employees because they help support The Ferrari Kid by selling our Fiesta Medals, our Wine dinners, etc. Also, on behalf of all the amazing children, our other board members and all those who support The Ferrari Kid.”
Luciano Restaurants, owned by the Centofanti family, have been serving authentic Italian food across America and Mexico since their family moved to the U.S. from Naples, Italy in 1971. Bringing their mother’s, Lina, recipes to the table they have opened restaurants from New York to California, finally settling to raise families in San Antonio, TX. For more information, please visit http://www.lucianorestaurants.com.
Brian A. Billeck
- 50 Best Sports Bars in America
- America's Best Inexpensive Steakhouses
- 25 Ways to Help You Stop Eating Sugar
- This Is the World’s First Flat Wine Bottle
- Etiquette Mistakes You Need to Stop Making by Age 30